I am a fully UKCP registered specialist Couple and Family Psychotherapist with over 20 years experience of providing psychotherapy for couples and families. Alongside my private practice I have worked for the NHS in adult mental health services.
Key to the way I work is helping couples develop a more fulfilling relationship by:
- Learning how to do more of what is helpful and less of what is unhelpful for their relationship
- Developing skills in effective communication
- Understanding how to successfully navigate their conflicts and dilemmas.
I provide a safe, non-blaming, and non-judgemental space for couples to work through their problems and dilemmas.
When it comes to making important decisions, such as a couple deciding whether to stay together or separate, I have no agenda other than to be as useful as I can be in enabling my clients to better understand themselves, their situation, and their possibilities. This provides clients with insight and a guide for making their own important decisions.
I have expertise in working with heterosexual and LGBT couples who are experiencing:-
- Ongoing and unresolved conflicts
- Difficulties in communication
- Impact of one partner suffering from depression/other mental health issues
- Considering separation and/or divorce
- Issues around anger, abuse and/or violence in the relationship
- Challenges of having different backgrounds/cultures
- Sexual tensions/difficulties
- Moving on from infidelity
- Demands of new baby/extended family/step-children on the couple relationship.
I have worked with couples from all walks of life, and welcome people from all cultures, ethnicities and sexual orientations.